Thursday, July 15, 2004

SUMMERTIME

Life...or Blog?
 
Well everyone this blog is to announce that I will be going into a summertime slowdown mode for at least the next two months.  It's been fun to blog, and you will occasionally continue to see weird little posts from me from time to time, but don't expect them everyday or even every week. 
 
The reasons for this are twofold:
 
1) I have more of a life than when I started doing this and it's just really, really hard to keep coming up with new and interesting opinions to share (backed up by fact) in my current schedule.
2) I have discontinued my personal high speed Internet because, being run by a cable monopoly that shall remain unnamed (rhymes with "bombast"), they have continually raised the rates beyond a level that I feel comfortable paying.  The reason for the two month moratorium is not arbitrary though...in September I can sign up again under the old rate as a "new customer." Thanks, however, to those of you who generously offered to contribute money.  Please be as generous when I embark on my next short film project!
 
I have too large an ego to deprive the websphere of my thoughts though, especially during this time of presidential campaigning, Congressional constitutional tomfoolery, war in Iraq and corruption at home.  But I heartily recommend you check out the following sites as an addendum/replacement to conventional news sources:
 
Mother Jones.com
truthout.org
The Guardian (UK)
Salon.com
villagevoice.com
Znet
 
It will be nice to spend some time on a sandy beach (even one coated with oil and refuse as a result of the lax environmental policies put in place by the Bush Administration); it will be good to spend quality time with a girlfriend (rare, in my life experience); I'm a sucker for summertime blockbuster movies like anyone else (here's a hot tip - the best movie this summer, other than Fahrenheit 9/11, will be The Door in the Floor.  You heard it here first).
 
Then, in the Fall, we can marshal our resources, our thoughts and our energy to make sure that John Kerry is elected as the 44th President of the United States.  I believe it can be done and that it must be done.  I promise to blog regularly then.
 
In the meantime, I apologize for not being as eloquent as I should, but I will be blogging with you soon.  Perhaps my "unindicted co-conspirators" who are also a part of dissent channel can pick up some of my slack?  :-)  Otherwise, have a nice summer and I'll write to you...when I write to you.  Thanks for the support! 
 
"Life without intelligence/Is death in disguise."  --the rap group Black Star, c. Rawkus Records, 1998.