Friday, February 13, 2004

Happy Valentine's Day, Part 1

IF KEN CAN'T COMMIT, THEN DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH FOR THE REST OF US...

I was devastated, devastated I tell you to read the press release that Ken and Barbie were separating after 41 years. Or is it 42 years? Through Malibu Barbie and Ken, Doctor Ken and Nurse Barbie (and, in later years, Dr. Barbie and, well, Ken) through all their various permutations, it was always Barbie and Ken, Ken and Barbie. And now...some Australian bloke? Barbie and Ken need to "find themselves"? Ken just needs to find a wedding chapel, that's all! What is the world coming to? This, along with George Bush Jr. being in the White House, is surely one of the signs of the apocalypse.

OH, JESUS

Since I certainly take suggestions on what to write about, I will devote some time to discussing an article someone gave me about the new Mel Gibson film, The Last Temptation of--er, I mean, The Passion of Christ. You can bet I have some thoughts on it, but my contacts are killing me and I really need to get to bed, so these are more like drive-by thoughts as opposed to well-thought out, structurally sound essays. (Do I hear laughter?) I promise by the weekend I'll lay out my thoughts and fears about this movie.

NO WMD'S, NO MILLION DOLLARS

Just to update, for the 299th consecutive day, no one has found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, although this intrepid essayist is looking into rumors that there may actually be weapons of mass destruction at a missle silo within 150 miles of the president's ranch in Texas. No money will be rewarded if this turns out to be true, although UN inspectors are invited to come in and investigate if the madman Bush may be plotting to use these weapons against the peace loving people of the Third World, or liberal activists in Berkeley.

DEPROGRAMMING NOTES

Be sure to use znet, truthout.org, the Guardian (London), the Washington Post, New York Times, Village Voice and the New Yorker, just to name a few to get the straight shit on what's really going on in the world of war, politics and corruption.

Until this weekend, adios!