Thursday, January 06, 2005

Democrats Force Debate on Ohio Election Problems

Listen, I know ther are more pressing concerns here, like, oh, the saving of American democracy and all, but I just cannot get past the dateline of this article in the New York Times. It reads: Brian Knowlton, International Herald Tribune.

That's right. The (so-called) Paper of Record is farming out Page One stories to the Herald-Trib. Mm hmm. We're not talking some dry piece about corn futures, friends, which are important in and of themselves, of course. We're merely talking about certifying the presidential election amid allegations of fraud, disenfranchisement, and harrassment that suggest a stolen election. Jeebus. I hate the New York Times.

That said, God bless Barbara Boxer, a true hero.
Dissents and Laments

2 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Three cheers for Barbara Boxer having the political courage to stand up! I also wrote a blog post on this.

--- Deborah White of Heart, Soul & Humor
(also a member of Progrssive Blog Alliance)

7:22 PM  
Blogger ae said...

Dear Deborah,
Thanks very much for your comment. I read your post on Barbara Boxer and also read with particular interest your post on John Kerry's recent letter. I am in full agreement. When that letter arrived in my inbox a few days ago, when John Conyers was looking for a lone signature to challenge the atrocious so-called vote in Ohio, I thought I would have an aneurysm. I don't pretend to know how politics works, nor what Kerry's strategy could be, but there is such a thing as "the face game." Stand up and be counted, John Kerry. It is the absolute least that your voters expect from you. The Dems have got to devise a strategy which cannot be reduced to taking abuse with cries of, "Thank you, sir! May I have another?"

Thanks again for your post, and we hope you'll be back. I look forward to dropping by your blog in the future.
Best,
ae

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home