Sunday, October 31, 2004

More Family Values from Lynne Ch*n*y

Hypocrisy, thy name is Lynne Ch*n*y. After the mock outrage over Kerry's mentioning Mary Cheney's name during the last debate, we certainly didn't expect to see Lynne Ch*n*y parade her 7-year-old granddaughter around the stage during a stump speech while making a disparaging reference to John Kerry's platform. Or maybe we did.

And how lucky for Lynne that her little granddaughter just happened to dress up in the most convenient way to sell Lynne's joke. This kid is seven, and we're supposed to believe that she chose to dress up as the Grim Reaper? Do 7-year-olds even know who/what the Grim Reaper is? Yes, yes, I can hear you all yelling in unison that she was so very obviously emulating her grandfather, but I still find it surprising that she did not want to dress up as a Disney character or Britney Spears or some other 7-year-old-related icon.

I mean, I never thought it possible that I could feel this level of disgust for people I did not know (barring those who so obviously fall into the Hitler/deviant despot category), but I think this woman is a walking nightmare.